Monday, August 31, 2026

                                                      Weather Idioms 


  1. When it rains, it pours: when bad things happen, they all happen at once - უსიამოვნო ამბების
  2. წყება.
First, my car broke down, then I was late for an important meeting.



  1. Save it for a rainy day: save money or resources for when you'll need them
  2. I am going to save some money for a rainy day.



  1. Right as rain: feeling perfectly fine/healthy - ჯანსაღად, მშვენივრად ყოფნა
  2. I am fine, really. I feel right as rain.


  1. Under the weather: feeling sick or unwell - უსამოვნოდ, შეუძლოდ ყოფნა
  2. Unfortunately, I cannot join you tonight. I feel under the weather.



  1. Every cloud has a silver lining: there's something positive in every bad situation - ცუდ სიტუაციაში კარგის აღმოჩენა
  2. She got fired, but she found a better job. Every cloud has a silver lining.



It's raining cats and dogs - very heavy rain - ძლიერი წვიმა
Take a rain coat, when you leave. It's raining cats and dogs. You will be soaked.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment